Looking for new ways to grow your SaaS business?
We have 14 proven strategies for growth that truly work!
Editor’s note: This is a guest post from Houston Golden, founder and CEO of BAMF.
#1 – Write Guest Posts
- SEO Backlinks
- Qualified Traffic
- Find a website that accepts guest posting – Simply Google the industry you are in (e.g. “Social Media”) and add “write for us” at the end of the query.
- Follow the instructions given by the website to increase your chances for a successful guest article
Case Study: This awesome study from JS Marketing
#2 – Host an “Ask Me Anything” Session
- Increases your Authenticity
- Improves your Brand Footprint
- Select a platform – Reddit is a nice place to get free traffic, but you can also consider live social media channels or even an industry influencer channel.
- Be genuine and personal – Even the biggest CEOs have done AMAs. Don’t be afraid to host one as people love to talk directly to the leader of the company, instead of a marketer or a developer.
Case Study: This Study by Hypebot
#3 – Create a free tool (microsite)
- Showcases the strength of your SaaS business
- Creates unique value that is shareable
- Decide what portion of your tool can be easily made into a microsite. Research what is often sought after in your industry.
- Build your tool, but make sure to include an e-mail prompt and the main logo of your SaaS brand.
#4 – Target Competitor Keywords
- A quick SEO boost
- Targeting a highly convertible audience
- Increasing your brand footprint within an industry
- Know your competitors. Write articles on how your tool compares to them.
- You can even promote them in AdWords for extra brand awareness
Case Study: This guide by AdEspresso
#5 – Write Useful Content
- Authority Content is Highly Shareable
- Reach Audiences in your Industry
- Pick a topic in your industry that is interesting to people. Make sure it’s a topic that will help you showcase your authority experience. For example, at BAMF, we use cutting-edge growth hacking ebooks like the BAMF Bible to showcase our expertise.
- Start posting! Medium, Reddit and LinkedIn are great ways to naturally boost your authority content.
Case Study: This study by Jamie Bailey
#6 – Use Visually Engaging Content (Think Infographics)
- Serves as a stand-out PR Pitch
- Attracts a wider audience
- Increases content shareability
- Showcase the biggest benefit of your business through highly visual or infographic content. (Example – CV Builder NovoResume showcasing their software benefits through visual content)
- Use celebrity-driven reinforcement by targeting the infographic to be brand/celebrity-specific. Pitch it as content to PR Outlets in your industry.
Case Study: This unique study by Neil Patel for Mint
#7 – Use Webcomics to Your Advantage
- A definite engagement booster
- Instant relatability
- Create a unique and simple style. Make sure the character of your comic falls in line with your buyer’s persona.Source: The Sysadman Diaries
- Create content that showcases and makes fun of daily situations and struggles that your buyer’s persona might encounter.Source: Freshworks
- Integrate the webcomic in your existing funnels. Source: FreshWorks
Case Study: An awesome case study by FreshWorks
#8 – Make YouTube SEO your Greatest Friend
- Relatively Low SEO Competitiveness because video content is harder to create.
- Boost your SE Rankings on Google as well (Video Results are often shown on the front page)
- Highly Targeted Traffic
- Ensure that you follow a step by step proven process.
- Research your industry in a similar manner you would for your blog content marketing. Select the right topics for videos.
- Use YouTube methodologies to build an engaging video for the platform (think infographic animations, video essays and similar)
Case Study: This case study by Techmangnate
#9 – Discounts? Of course!
- Improve your customer base and conversions almost at an instant
- Keep your churn rate at a minimum
- Improves your overall customer growth
- Calculate your ROI and LTV to determine the most lucrative discount you can offer.
- Think seasonal and targeted.
- Build out a discount campaign for returning customers.
Case Study: An amazing Case Study by Sixteen Ventures
#10 – Improve your Pricing Formula
- Ensure that your marketing and sales foundation is up to par with business standards
- Improves your conversion averages
- Create a survey among your top customers and ones who haven’t subscribed to determine your value proposition and value perception.
- Work to improve either your value proposition or value perception to reach a price value equilibrium.
Case Study: This case study by Price Intelligently
#11 – Launch a Referral (Affiliate) Program
- Help OTHERS promote your business
- Get numerous benefits once the program is running (brand footprint increase, SEO backlinks and more)
- Build out a payment/referral tracking system
- Create a promotional base kit for referrals (materials, case studies, brand books and anything relevant)
- Build out marketing and promotional material. Ensure you run a campaign to promote your referral program
Case Study: This case study overview by Pladesk
#12 – Use YouTube Influencers to your Advantage
- A relatively untapped niche (compared to Instagram influencers)
- Relatively low cost with long-term benefits (especially if the videos created by the influencers are evergreen)
- Decide your payment method (affiliate vs. payment per video or a combination of both)
- Search YouTube for relevant industry influencers
- Build out a sheet featuring information on the influencers.
– Channel Name
– Contact Information
– Price Per Video
- Plan and start out your promotion
Case Study: This overview case study by Chrisian Gleitze
#13 – Create a Press Kit
- Will serve you a multitude of purposes
- Helps out in the PR Outreach process
- Collect the necessary background information
– Info on the founders/founding team
– Previous PR Coverage
– Designs, Logos, Brand Guidelines
– Any applicable awards or certifications of the company
– Screenshots and Photos
- Build out an Introduction Presentation that summaries the benefits of your product. Make sure to include any relevant contact info.
- Build out the press kit and put it on your website.
Case Study: This overview case study by Prezly
#14 – Cross-Promote with Relevant Businesses
- Tap into an existing customer base
- A win-win scenario that might be highly affordable for your business
- Research what other SaaS and relevant software your customer base is using
- Build out your value proposition and campaign proposal
- Contact the marketing departments of those businesses and build out a campaign
Case Study: This case study by Hired.com
Houston Golden is the Founder & CEO of BAMF, where he led the company from $0 to $3M+ in revenue in its first two years and has built a proven process for turning clients into LinkedIn Influencers through viral content that has generated over 300M+ organic views. He enjoys yoga, running and surfing, along with playing his ukulele and dreaming of new business ideas and being a father is his favourite.